Saturday, May 7, 2011

Ways and Ways

Perhaps one of the greatest joys and frustrations in life is simply trying to figure out how best to navigate through it. There are infinite ways to approach it, and nobody really knows what the best one is. What works for one person won't work for another. We all have different experiences and different takes on the events that happen around us, and we all change in response to how we deal with what we are presented. I think of the old cliche, "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade." This is all well and good, but what if you don't like lemonade? What if you really just like lemons? What if lemon cookies are way better than lemonade? What about making sort of a lemon julius? I think most people would agree ~ this could be potentially delicious. Yum!

So in any case, I have come to realize that I function best when I have a lot to work on, buuuut maybe not the best when I have a bunch of different things to work on. It's very easy to get distracted and start dropping the ball on stuff. I guess this is one of those things that I get to work on in my life. In a way our weaknesses make things more interesting than our strengths. If everything was easy, it wouldn't be that fun would it? There's something to be said for accomplishing the difficult. To overcoming the things that we have difficulty with in our lives.

I spent my Golden Week doing pretty much nothing. I have an overwhelming amount of things to get done, and when this happen my brain tends to shut down on itself. "Overload! Overload! Danger Will Robinson!" Beeeeeeeeewp. Down it goes.  It's one of my challenges in life. Figuring out how to best balance and take care of everything when there is simply too much to do. In a way it's sort of exciting in that I know it's something I need to work on, and so it gives me a focal point of improvement. Figure out how I can be better at this sort of thing. Is it organization?  Prioritization? Time management? More discretion in committing myself toward projects? Lack of ninja monkeys?  It could be any of these things! Slowly I prepare myself and see how to make things flow better. I'm stocking up on shuriken just to be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment